By Maria T. Codina Leik MSN APRN BC FNP-C
All you would like for Certification examination luck! "This is a good written, entire evaluate aimed toward getting ready readers for effectively finishing a board certification examination. ...This is an excellent complete assessment in a concise learn advisor format." (5 Stars)--Doody's booklet evaluation provider This mega-review, the second one of Maria Codina Leik's "trilogy" of NP Certification courses (Family was once released in July and Pediatric is due in 2008) covers attempt taking advice utilizing Leik's targeted "question dissection" method, suitable content material evaluation, broad perform questions, and certain, present examination info in a "fast evidence" variety, saving the coed necessary learn time whereas offering entire practise. move your grownup Nurse Practitioner ANCC or AANP examination, arrange for assessments in class, or enhance within the final semester of your software with: images and actual examination maneuvers that advertise visualization and make clear suggestions Organ method experiences divided into 4 elements; descriptions of emergent stipulations, high-yield general actual examination findings, maneuvers, and acceptable benign editions Tables on orthopedic maneuvers, immunizations, STDs, lab checks, skins rashes, and extra that will help you arrange and keep in mind tactics Differentiation among kin and grownup perform with inclusion of geriatric techniques and standards scholars say: "I took this category in 2003 and that i did move my grownup NP ANCC examination quickly after. Ms. Leik's type gave sensible info, crucial recommendations for learning, and middle subject matters on which to concentration. i'd suggest this classification to others as a vital part in making sure luck in passing the certification exam." - Cynthia Milich, CNP Why the Leik method? Maria T. Codina Leik has been a number one supplier of examination guidance schooling and counseling for nearly twenty years. Her corporation, nationwide ARNP prone, Inc., has helped hundreds of thousands of nurses go their certification assessments national Please be aware: the same quantity to Maria Leik's sequence, Gerontological Nurse Certificaiton assessment is due in June from Meredith Wallace and Sheila Grossman.
Read Online or Download Adult Nurse Practitioner Intensive Review - Fast Facts & Practice Questions PDF
Similar geriatrics books
The fourth version of the hugely acclaimed rules and perform of Geriatric drugs provides an account of the basic alterations linked to aging, that are necessary to our knowing and administration of the aged ill inhabitants. The identify has been largely revised and updates to mirror the large adjustments in therapies and health conditions emerged on account that ebook of the 3rd version.
Temper issues in Later existence examines the spectrum of temper problems in older adults, targeting significant and nonmajor depressive problems, bipolar ailment (manic and depressive phases), melancholy with psychotic positive aspects, and vascular melancholy. extensive discussions of analysis and treatments together with psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy, and ECT may also help clinicians increase therapy results of their aged sufferers.
A few famous age-related neurological ailments comprise Parkinson's illness, Alzheimer's sickness, deafness, and blindness. much more universal are the issues of getting older which aren't because of ailment yet to extra refined impairments in neurobiological structures, together with impairments in imaginative and prescient, reminiscence loss, muscle weakening, and lack of reproductive capabilities, adjustments in bodyweight, and sleeplessness.
It’s a center factor on the middle of elder care: whereas best-practice info exist for long term care, caliber of existence as an idea, degree and traditional for care results continues to be elusive. the results of an formidable ecu examine initiative, the Care Keys undertaking addresses caliber of existence concerns between frail, care-dependent seniors, taking their social in addition to healthiness wishes into consideration.
- Störungen der Gedächtnisfunktion: Ein Überblick
- Handbook of the Psychology of Aging, Sixth Edition (Handbooks of Aging)
- Aging and Decision Making: Empirical and Applied Perspectives
- Ethical Considerations and Challenges in Geriatrics
- Quality of Life in Old Age: International and Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives (Social Indicators Research Series)
- Suizidgefährdung und Suizidprävention bei älteren Menschen: Eine Publikation der Arbeitsgruppe „Alte Menschen“ im Nationalen Suizidpräventionsprogramm für Deutschland
Additional info for Adult Nurse Practitioner Intensive Review - Fast Facts & Practice Questions
2) Is the condition emergent or not? P: Treatment Plan (P) 1) Initiate or prescribe medications 2) Patient education 3) Lifestyle recommendations such as diet and exercise E: Evaluate response to the treatment/intervention or evaluate the situation (E) 1) Poor or no response to treatment (or worsens), refer out 2) If emergent, refer to emergency room II. Example A 30-year-old woman with a history of mild intermittent asthma complains of a new onset of cough that has been waking her up very early in the morning for the 32 16:49 P1: SBT SVNF030C02 SVNF030/Leik September 20, 2007 Question Dissection and Analysis past 2 weeks.
3) The question is not asking directly about the teen’s condition. It is asking about an emergent condition. Do not automatically assume that the stem relates directly to the patient discussed in the case scenario. Therefore, this rules out Option A and Option B. 4) Option C does not indicate an emergent condition. 5) Changes in level of consciousness on the test are usually subtle changes. Words to watch for are difficulty answering questions, slurred speech, seems confused, not understanding instructions/conversation, stuporous, lethargic, combative, and so forth.
She denies that the child lost consciousness. The health history is uneventful. The vital signs are within normal range. Which of the following statements is indicative of an emergent condition: a) The teen denies syncope and injuries, but seems to be very anxious. b) The teen complains of a headache, but took acetaminophen (Tylenol) with relief obtained from the headache. c) Teenagers commonly used acetaminophen (Tylenol) when committing suicide in an attempt to overdose on the medicine. d) An alert patient who is starting to develop problems following normal conversation and answering questions.